Thursday, February 16, 2012

FO's and WIP's

I've had a pretty productive winter, mostly because the estate sale business has been slow. I have also returned to my original crafty love, quilting. We have recently remodeled our home office into a guest room/sewing room, so I am no longer stuck sewing at the dining room table.
I have finished lots of little projects (FO's=finished objects,) but also my first machine pieced and quilted baby quilt for my friends Michelle and Philip, who are expecting a little boy any day now. I also made a reversible tote bag for their daughter Lucy, so she wouldn't feel left out.
Robot Factory quilt with Robert Kaufman "Robot Factory" and Kona solids:




Bag for Lucy, based on this pattern:http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/07/17/how-to-make-a-simple-reversible-totebag/



I also have at least three works in progress (WIP's):
This little nine patch quilt. I wanted something easy and basic to work on, mindless sewing you know:


Then there's this one, I am calling it "Road to Dali" it's inspired by my trip to China last summer. Going to Dali was my favorite part of the trip, there are farm fields as far as the eye could see.

Finally, this skull quilt, inspired by Boo Davis (http://www.quiltsryche.com/) her book "Dare to be Square" is one of my favorite quilting books. I got the skull done ages ago, but am not sure how to proceed. I think its partly because I want it to look really great, so I am waiting for inspiration to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment