Saturday, April 16, 2011

Make it warm



The latest report from Cliff Mass (http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/)we have only had two days over 55 degrees since Feb. 1. That doesn't really work for me. My tomatoes, started inside at the proper time are ready to go out.
So today I built my first hoop house. It was a cheap, quick project to do. I have had the plastic laying around for a while, picked up at a yard sale. The 10' PVC pipe was only $1.65 a piece, the rebar was $1.99 a piece (kind of expensive for a 2' length, but I have no real way to cut it at home.) I bought a 12 pack of jumbo binder clips for $3.99.
So for $11.27, I made this really cool hoop house, which will hopefully let me put out my tomatoes now instead of waiting until June, or whenever the weather starts to warm up. I plan on making a couple more for squash and maybe trying some melons again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment