Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ART!


I was going to stop for coffee on my way to work this morning. My local CS is, unfortunately, right next door to an elementary school. Every parking space for blocks around was taken up by parents dropping their kids off at school. I decided to just head to work and find some coffee up north. Monkey Grind Espresso Bar (http://www.monkeygrind.com/About_Us.html) is just around the corner from the house I was working at, so I took my travel mug there.
Rounding the corner I see that they have a little sign for Lighthouse Roasters, which in my opinion is the best coffee in Seattle, so I was already happy I waited to get my beverage. Inside there were several paintings by Dave Bloomfield (http://www.flickr.com/photos/starheadboy/) which are awesome! There was one in particular that really struck my fancy.
I got my coffee and headed back to work. I thought about that painting all day...
So, after a long day pulling weeds and planting pretty flowers I headed back to Monkey Grind to see a barista about a painting. $45 later and this cute little critter is all mine!
P.S. The barista at Monkey Grind was super nice, not that over caffeinated perkiness you so often get or the angry, too cool to talk to you guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment